Sunday, March 14, 2021

SYRO

This is a short blog post but I found a new song and I thought I should share anyway. I still have to send out the emails requesting permission to use the songs (which I'm going to do tomorrow after school). My friend introduced me to Aphex Twin and I listened to their discography and found this song: aisatsana [102] I was stressing out about choosing a song because I still didn't feel like any of the ones I had picked perfectly fit what I was trying to achieve in the dream sequence.

Suspenseful music with synthesizers and string instruments are a genre convention in Thrillers. String instruments can hold notes for a long time, which is unsettling to viewers. This song is relatively calm and isn't as jarring as the other songs I initially put together. It reminds me of the score in Suspiria (2018) by Thom Yorke, especially during the opening credits. I think the juxtaposition between the slow music and the jarring nightmare sequence will create a sense of doom.


Source: https://www.studiobinder.com/blog/film-score-suspenseful-music/

No comments:

Post a Comment

ITS FINALLY HERE

Enjoy! (click the video above or here to watch)