Saturday, March 13, 2021

fire walk with me

 I've been consuming a lot of media recently and here are some of the pieces that have heavily inspired my film opening so far. 


Twin Peaks (1990) by David Lynch

The use of the color red, the obscure dream sequences, the score, and the atmosphere of this show has heavily inspired me during the creation of this film opening. 





Kicker by Alex G (Music Video)

The "memory" box given to the boy inspired the idea that the overarching cause of Claire's nightmares are from a family heirloom. Also, inspired by the use of hair in this music video. (I love Alex G... if you're reading this listen to him right now!)



Fallen Angels (1995) by Wong Kar Wai

Wong Kar Wai makes highly stylized films, something that really drew me into his work. His unique camerawork techniques and storytelling are some things I want to emulate in my own opening (of course... in my own way)






Twin Peaks and Fallen Angels both inspire the color palette of my film opening.

(p.s. the title of this blogpost is a quote from twin peaks)


No comments:

Post a Comment

ITS FINALLY HERE

Enjoy! (click the video above or here to watch)