Thursday, March 4, 2021

chosic is a lifesaver

A good score is a key component to a successful Thriller. I've made some tweaks and I've decided to combine the opening credits with the nightmare sequence at the beginning of the film. This also means that instead of two songs now, I'll have to choose one. 

Finding haunting music was a little more difficult than I thought. I wanted to refrain from choosing songs that were specifically made for movies and shows that already existed. So, I turned to my lifelong friend Chosic. Chosic is a website that helps you find similar songs to a song you enter into their search bar (I sound like an ad right now). It provides songs that are similar based on BPM, energy, danceability, and more. This was how I came up with a list of potential songs I could use in my opening. Click HERE for the playlist. 


I am leaning towards using Six Underground- The Umbrellas Of Ladywell Mix #1 by Sneaker Pimps or A Forest by The Cure. I think there's a higher likelihood that Sneaker Pimps will respond because they are a  significantly smaller band compared to The Cure. This week I will be sending out emails asking for permission to use these songs. To play it safe I'll probably ask for permission to use other songs too in case I don't get a response from these top two choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ITS FINALLY HERE

Enjoy! (click the video above or here to watch)