Saturday, March 6, 2021

i finally watched guadagnino's suspiria

Let me just begin by saying this. I was so disturbed. I can't get Olga's dancing scene out of my head. And it was hard for me to fall asleep that night. Guadagnino's adaptation was haunting, nightmarish, but painstakingly beautiful at the same time. I do have some criticisms, but that isn't the purpose of today's blog post.

Since my teacher recommended me to view this piece as inspiration for my film opening, I decided to take some notes. Here are scans from my notebook:


I was having some trouble coming up with how to create successful nightmare sequences and this film definitely helped me with my brainstorming. Here are some scenes from the Susie's dream sequences that inspired me:

(I would link more videos but unfortunately 
they're age restricted on YouTube)


Here are some more stills:







I plan on filming the bulk (if not all) of the nightmare sequence that occurs that the beginning of my film opening this week. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

ITS FINALLY HERE

Enjoy! (click the video above or here to watch)