Thursday, February 18, 2021

shannon codes? new plot idea?

Going to be honest, the aesthetics of my blog were looking pretty dismal before today. I finally sat down and took the time to redesign my site. I had to search up how to write some lines of code to customize my blog how I wanted.

Oh also! I have made some more progress on my film plot. The first film I watched in 2021 was House (1977) by Nobuhiko Obayashi. Obayashi based House off of his daughter's nightmares. The nightmarish elements are definitely present in the visuals of the movie. I was inspired by House and Obayashi to draw ideas from my own dreams/nightmares. 


A while ago I had sleep paralysis and a very vivid nightmare where I had died. I remember seeing my phone in this dream and where the time typically is, in red lettering it said "Died 9:10 pm". It felt so realistic that when I woke up in the middle of the night I had to check my mirror to see whether I was alive or not. At the time I was like "man this was scary and so pointless", but this nightmare now proves to be useful in developing my film opening. 

Ok so the vision... I was thinking that my protagonist could have a similar nightmare to what I had, where they died. And when they wake up from this nightmare, their waking/sleeping life and life/death become muddled. I think this plotline will allow me to experiment a lot with lighting, editing, and sound (both diegetic and nondiegetic). I will also be able to distort reality. I'm going to continue thinking about and developing this idea.


Image from:



No comments:

Post a Comment

ITS FINALLY HERE

Enjoy! (click the video above or here to watch)