Friday, February 19, 2021

red hair dye and finalizing the plot

Today after school I went to my friend Sara's house and told her about my film opening project while she bleached and dyed part of my hair red. Look at it! 


Anyway, so I told Sara about my new plot idea (the Obayashi inspired one!) and she offered to act in it (I said yes!). We also further developed some visual elements that I could incorporate in this opening. Since the protagonists waking/dream state would become muddled, I could combine dream elements with reality:
  • Snowing in the hallway scene
  • Hair falling out
  • Flashing lights (green and red hues)
  • Dining table scene where protagonist is talking to parents but starts seeing things
I also did a rough outline of what the opening would include. Nothing is finalized yet but here it is:


I 100% prefer brainstorming and planning on paper compared to typing it out. I feel less pressured to come up with something perfect when I lay everything out on paper, also my ideas flow better. You'll definitely be seeing more scans from my notebook in the future.






No comments:

Post a Comment

ITS FINALLY HERE

Enjoy! (click the video above or here to watch)