Friday, February 26, 2021

tweaking my outline

Time to tweak the outline of my film opening!!! After receiving feedback from my teacher, I have a better idea of what to include and leave out in this opening. I was worried that all of my initial ideas were too ambitious or revealed too much of the plot. I had so many ideas and I knew I had to be pickier on what I kept or left out in the opening. Also I completely forgot to consider the credit sequence in the beginning (which would take up about 20 seconds). After considering all of these things, I was able to finalize my outline. Here we goooo:

1. End of nightmare sequence

2. Protagonist wakes up scared

3. Protagonist looks at self and goes to bathroom to check mirror to see if they are alive

4. Goes to kitchen table to eat

5. Parents (or should I do roommate??) talks to them while eating

6. Blood starts coming out of parents/roomate's eyes (fast editing between blood/no blood to show that protagonist is seeing things)

7. Sharp ringing sound drowns out the parents/roomate's words 

8. Stumbles down the hallway back to their room

9. In their room flashing/flickering lights and shadows appearing everywhere. Protagonist sits on bed covering their ears. Piercing/ringing sound continues. 

10. Parent/roommate opens door and everything is back to normal.

11. Credit sequence (at the end of opening just like in Se7en)

No comments:

Post a Comment

ITS FINALLY HERE

Enjoy! (click the video above or here to watch)