Friday, February 12, 2021

and so it begins!

Ahhhhhh is where my head is at right now. I've been looking forward to this film opening project from the second I enrolled into this class... but I'm also already beginning to worry. I wouldn't say that I'm a perfectionist, but I want what I make to be good. And it will be good.

Because I've been practically confined to my home due to the pandemic, I've been consuming SO much media. It's only the 43rd day of 2021 and I've already watched 28 films. I've been especially inspired by the colored lighting and harrowing score used in Suspiria (1977) to create a visual and auditory attack on the viewer. 



Last week I also revisited The Grand Budapest Hotel (2014) for what seems to be the billionth time. The mise-en-scene elements that Wes Anderson uses to create his own storybook world never fails to impress me. 





(stay tuned, I'm going to dive deeper and analyze the techniques that these films use in a future post)

Anyway... what I'm trying to say is that I'm heavily inspired by the films I've been watching. The use of color in these two films provide so much visual interest to the viewers, and is something that I too want to rely heavily on in my film opening. Once I figure out the genre and general idea of my film opening, I will begin working on a color palette. 

I feel like I am brain-dumping all over the place right now but hey, it works for me! Let's chat about potential genres that my opening will fall into now. Here are my ideas:
  • Coming-of-age drama 
  • Horror Comedy 
  • Coming-of-age thriller 
  • Crime drama
There are so many potential routes I can take and my mind is buzzing with ideas. I'm going to sleep on this. 'Til tomorrow!


Images from:



No comments:

Post a Comment

ITS FINALLY HERE

Enjoy! (click the video above or here to watch)