Saturday, April 3, 2021

the final reflection

(here is my favorite photo of fiona apple as a final farewell gift)


I just let out the deepest sigh... All I can feel right now is relief. Throughout this project I have learned a thing or two about myself... One is that man I get stuck in the brainstorming stage for way too long and two is that I have really really weird dreams (which were a huge source of inspiration for my project). You'll see what I'm talking about when I release the final film opening. 

Anyway this has been a very long process. I remember when my teacher first announced this project I was so sure that I was going to create a coming of age film opening (because that's one of the genres I'm most familiar with). But I'm really glad I challenged myself to create something different. Going to be honest... I did not think I was capable of bringing my ideas to life on screen. I thought that my dream sequence shots would look silly but they genuinely look so creepy. I am the most proud of how this portion of my opening turned out.

I will have to say, I am very proud of myself for the way that my opening turned out, but I do wish I did things a little differently. First of all, I wish I had managed my time better. Like I said before, I spent way too long brainstorming. I kept changing my mind on what I wanted the plot to be before coming to a conclusion. Second, I wish I had access to a microphone so the sound quality could be better. And lastly, some of my shots (from after Claire wakes up) could have been composed differently. Looking back, I could have added more visual interest.

Looking at the big picture, I'm proud of what I made. And I can't wait to keep making things that I care about.

(let's count how many times Shannon says "proud" in this blogpost! answer: 4)


No comments:

Post a Comment

ITS FINALLY HERE

Enjoy! (click the video above or here to watch)